Perkasie Dog Owners Group has elected to cancel our May meeting due to the Memorial Day holiday. We will hold our next meeting on June 24th, as scheduled. In the event that urgent matters need to be addressed during the month of May, we will announce an emergency meeting. We hope to see everyone at our June meeting (see our Upcoming Events page for meeting details).
Supporting Perkasie Dog Park is now easier than ever! Using the new “Donate” button (located on the left of each page, just above the navigation menu), you can easily make a tax-deductible donation using your credit or debit card!
Don’t forget to sign up for our email list to receive updates about the dog park including upcoming dog-friendly events, volunteer opportunities, and newsletters. To sign up, simply fill in your name and email address to the left and click the Sign Up button.
Perkasie Dog Park is approximately one acre of fenced land where dogs can play off-leash. It is located at Tom Bancroft Field, within Lenape Park in Perkasie, Bucks County, PA. It is independently owned and operated by Perkasie Dog Owners Group, Inc., which is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization (please contact us for proof of our non-profit status). We have the support of Perkasie Borough, but we are not affiliated with them. The routine management and upkeep of the park is performed by volunteers, and all funding comes from donations.
Perkasie Dog Park Details
- Management: Perkasie Dog Owners Group, Inc.
- Fencing: Six foot powder-coated heavy gauge chain link with bottom rails
- Entrance: Double-gated paved entrance area measuring 6 by 12 feet
- Turf: Grass and wood chips
- Park Division: The park is divided into two sections – a smaller section for dogs 30 pounds and under and a larger section for dogs of any size.
- Waste: Individual waste bags provided; marked receptacles for disposal of dog waste, and garbage/recycling cans immediately outside of the park for other trash
- Water: Special dog fountains are available in both sides of the park. For added convenience, bowls are located throughout the park and can be filled from April-November using the fountains. During the winter, please bring your own water as the park’s water access is turned off to avoid damage to the pipes and fountains.
- Seating: Benches are located within both sides of the dog park as well as immediately outside of each side of the park
- Landscaping Features: Garden enclosed with boulders located within the “any size” side of the park; young trees throughout both sides of the park, varying from three to twelve feet in height; planting beds adjacent to the entrance area and surrounding the message center
- Information: Double-sided, enclosed message center featuring information about the dog park and upcoming events, fundraisers, and volunteer opportunities
- Park Rules: Please click here for the complete park rules and dog park etiquette. The rules are posted on the fence at the entrance of the park.
- Funding: All funding comes from donations from the community. If you would like to make a contribution, please click on the “Donate” button on the left of the page above the calendar and navigation links, or contact us.
- Other Information: Ample parking is available within Lenape Park; restrooms are located within Lenape Park; the walking/bike trail that runs through Perkasie extends through Lenape Park and provides easy pedestrian access to the dog park